Singaporean company operates since 2004 providing clients with a wide range of financial services including FX trading and investing in listed and unlisted securities. OCBC offers not only a platform for speculations but also many other features including education, research as well as several promotions.
Account types and financial instruments
OCBC offers seven types of accounts to the clients. They are the following:
- Basic Trading Account (Cash). Those who choose this account type are allowed to trade securities listed on Singaporean Stock Exchange and other markets.
- Young Investor Programme. Available for those who are between 18 and 29.
- Share Financing Account. Leveraged trading opportunities for those who want to boost their trading capabilities.
- Securities Borrowing Account. This one is dedicated to those who want to short sell the securities.
- Leveraged FX Account. This account type was designed for FX traders who want to have more additional opportunities with a higher trading amount.
- Futures Account.
- This one is designed especially for futures traders.
- Equities Plus Account. It offers lower brokerage rates.
As for the instruments, OCBC provides many choices including Forex currency pairs, ETFs, Bonds, REITs, stocks, indices, warrants, ADRs, derivatives.
There are plenty of trading platforms that every client may use for different purposes:
- iOCBCfx Trading Platform. This one is designed for Forex trading and provides about 35 currency pairs and metals.
- iOCBCfxpro Trading Platform. This platform is a browser-based one and includes all the advantages of the standard iOBCBfx terminal. iOBCBfxpro is designed for corporate and professional traders.
- iOCBC Online Trading Platform. The trading terminal is designed for equities trading.
All those terminals have their mobile versions for the most popular operational systems.
Education and analytics
OCBC offers different seminars and webinars on several financial market trading and investing subjects. Here one can find some useful advice on how to build a strategy e.g. There are also some lessons for those who are going to participate in the YIP (Young Investors Programme). Several webinars are dedicated to the software that you can use via OCBC.
The Research section is rich for analytics, which will be useful for both traders and investors, you can find there some snapshots of the current market situation, economic data releases, etc. There are also investment reports from the Singapore research group, which is a part of OCBC. SGX Stock Facts is a direct link to the SGX screener list allowing users to filter securities using different criteria.
There are several campaigns allowing traders and investors to boost their initial funds or to improve trading conditions. You can benefit from the welcome bonus for example. There are also some interest cutting promo campaigns as well.
direct access to SGX and other exchanges
different cutting-edge trading platforms
advanced analytics tools